Software Upgrade Enhances Company’s Lead in Data Quality, Gives Clinicians Power to Expand Evaluations and Improve Analysis
PITTSBURGH, PA, USA (March 26, 2009) – Neuro Kinetics, Inc. (NKI) (www.neuro-kinetics.com), manufacturers of noninvasive medical evaluation equipment used worldwide for balance, vestibular and neurological disorder tests, said today that it will release version 6.7 of its proprietary VEST™ control and analysis software at the upcoming Audiology Now! 2009 – the annual conference of the American Academy of Audiology to be held next month in Dallas.
NKI said that VEST 6.7 incorporates more than 70 new features and enhancements designed to enable clinicians to conduct a larger array of patient tests and generate more accurate data to improve diagnosis. The upgraded software also improves the functionality of NKI’s evaluation equipment.
“We have made a significant commitment as a company to listen to our users and act on their recommendations and suggestions,” said Howison Schroeder, NKI CEO and president. “We’re excited to be rolling out the dramatically improved and robust software to our users around the world. With the better data quality now available, clinicians will be able to generate more accurate analysis and diagnosis.”
The VEST software is used by audiologists, neurologists, neuro-otologists, ophthalmologists, otolaryngologists and other medical specialists to undertake patient evaluations and then analyze data generated through an array of motion, ocular motor and nystagmus tests. Based on National Instruments technology, VEST includes reporting features for reimbursable tests, built-in analytical tools and normative data for comparative analysis.
Among the highlights of VEST 6.7:
- IMPROVED REAL-TIME ANALYSIS. VEST 6.7 now provides expanded normative data results in the analysis interface to help users more easily and efficiently interpret data.
- ADDED ANALYSIS FLEXIBILITY. Users can now save analysis filter settings for every test when using the Analysis Manager utility and can revert to default settings when needed. Default settings can also now be redefined while analyzing data.
- ENHANCED DATA COLLECTION. VEST 6.7 features an improved communication protocol that works in conjunction with the new I-Portal® software version 2.4. The new protocol makes more efficient use of hardware resources, allowing the system to capture and report even more robust eye data.
- NEW REMOTE PEDAL CONTROL FUNCTIONALITY. VEST 6.7 introduces a new onscreen pedal guide, allowing the user to confirm pedal function when using NKI’s I-Portal® VNG (Video Nystagmography) and I-Portal® VOG (Video-Oculography) systems. The onscreen guide can be moved throughout both monitor screens for optimal viewing and offers a large font that can be easily seen while performing more remote tests. The virtual pedals that appear on the guide are fully interactive, and the user has the ability to enable or disable audio commands to help communicate pedal functionality. Users can now take advantage of the pedal controls during additional tests, including saccade, gaze, smooth pursuit, spontaneous, positional, positioning and caloric.
- EXPANDED SACCADE TESTING AND ANALYSIS. The upgraded VEST software enables expanded saccade testing, allowing up to 100 saccades to be defined in the testing protocol. Saccade analysis has been enhanced to allow for evaluation of corrective saccades, which are clearly identified for the user and can be easily assessed via the enhanced data plotting windows.
Other benefits include improved user controls over video recordings for VNG and VOG users along with new binocular VOG recording compatibility.
For more information about VEST 6.7 or any other NKI product or service, please contact the company in the U.S. by calling +1.412.963.6649 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buckman Communications, for Neuro Kinetics, Inc.
+1.412.381.2900 or email@example.com