VEST™ 6.8 Will Expand Scope of Data Analysis for Higher Quality Patient Care
PITTSBURGH, PA, USA (May 18, 2010) – Neuro Kinetics, Inc. (NKI) (www.neuro-kinetics.com), manufacturers of noninvasive medical diagnostic equipment used worldwide to test for neuro-otologic, vestibular and neurological dysfunctions, said today that it has released version 6.8 of its VEST™ control and analysis software.
Clinical specialists use NKI’s I-Portal® devices and VEST software to conduct vestibular, ocular-motor and optokinetic tests that are vital in the assessment of balance and central and peripheral neurologic disorders.
“We understand the clinicians’ need for a timely and accurate diagnosis to ensure appropriate patient care,” said Dr. Alex Kiderman, NKI chief technology officer. “They trust us to provide innovative tests with the most precise technologies that generate the information needed to make the best and the fastest diagnoses. We are constantly making improvements to our VEST software platform to advance data interpretation for the specialties we serve.”
VEST 6.8 offers increased clinical utility through the following enhancements:
- New acceleration-based beat detection offers an improved ability to discern the fast and slow phases of each nystagmus beat;
- Simplified means of setting and loading default filter settings;
- Enhanced analysis for the Smooth Pursuit test that includes percent saccade calculation and eye analysis in both position and velocity modes;
- New graphical interface for Subjective Visual Vertical (SVV) and Horizontal (SVH) tests provides a better visual representation of data;
- Improved analysis for Chair Trapezoid Rotation test (also know as step test) includes drag and drop cursors to define the beginning and end of valid eye data;
- New analysis for Spontaneous Nystagmus and Gaze includes vertical and torsional eye tracing analysis;
- New Saccade analysis allows clinicians to easily remove individual saccades.
Neuro Kinetics also said that it is beginning to ship VEST 6.8 disks to its warranty and software subscription customers today.
For more information about VEST or any other NKI product or service, please contact Neuro Kinetics at +1.412.963.6649 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
ABOUT NEURO KINETICS, INC.
Neuro Kinetics, Inc. (NKI) is the world leader in eye tracking technology and non-invasive neuro-otologic diagnostic testing.
Central to its product mix and technological advances is the premise that the eye is the portal to the brain. Research has shown the detection of abnormal eye reflexes can indicate the presence of over 200 diseases and medical conditions.
For more than 25 years, NKI has supplied comprehensive neuro-otologic diagnostic tools to audiologists, ENT’s, neuro-otologists, neuro-ophthalmologists and neurologists around the globe. The company's patented products include the I-Portal® NOTC (Neuro-Otologic Test Center), I-Portal® VNG (Video Nystagmography) and I-Portal® VOG (Video Oculography), along with related accessories, software, training and support services.
Buckman Communications, for Neuro Kinetics, Inc.
+ 1 412-381-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org